My name is Miguel A. Buitrago. Welcome to my blog. If you want to know more about me visit my personal website. Thank you! Happy readings!!!

September 06, 2012

Freedom House's Assessment of Latin American Democracies: Wavering, but not in Deep Decline

MABB © ®

Here is an article worth reading from Freedom House that argues some Latin American democracies are wavering, but not deeply declining...

Freedom in Latin America is wavering, not in deep decline. But the wavering should concern us all, and especially those who recall a time when the region was synonymous with state violence, political extremism, and injustice.
I personally think it is a sobering verdict and overall pretty much right. Nonetheless, one has to have in mind all the criticism that has been raised against FH.

No comments: